The first-generation of the Ford F-Series is a series of trucks that was produced by Ford in North America from 1947 to 1952.
The introduction of the F-Series marked the divergence of Ford car and truck design, developing a chassis intended specifically for truck use.
Across North America, Ford assembled F-Series trucks at sixteen different facilities during its production. In Canada, Lincoln-Mercury sold the F-Series under the Mercury M-Series nameplate to expand coverage in rural areas.
In Australia, the trucks were shipped as components from Canada to Geelong, Victoria where they were assembled in the Ford factory before being sent to Ford dealers around the country.
The first generation of the F-Series is the sole generation produced entirely with "Flathead" engines (inline-6 and V8) and without an automatic transmission option.
ONE FAMILY OWNER - this beautiful Australian delivered, right hand drive Ford F4 Truck has been in the same family since new.
Built in Geelong around Christmas 1948, it is powered by its original 239ci Flathead V8 (100 HP) and retains its original four speed manual transmission.
Lovingly restored this truck has a new pine flatbed tray, tan vinyl bench seat and matching headliner, original driver’s turn signal, dash and beautiful instrument cluster.
There is a functional hydraulic ram at the rear of the tray and this truck comes complete with usable baling and other agricultural implements that were purchased by the family from 1950 onwards.
This truck has full SA registration which only requires a car license to drive it.
ENGINE: V8 – 239 Cubic Inch Flathead
FUEL DELIVERY SYSTEM: 2 Barrel Carburettor
TRANSMISSION: 4 Speed Manual
PAINT: Red and Black
TRIM: Tan Vinyl